Conversation Model 

Sara: Hello Melisa, how are you?
Melisa: I'm here organizing an enrollment.
Sara: You are studying psychology.
Malisa: No, I'm not studying that anymore, it was last year, now I'm studying law. 
Sara: I didn't know anything about that change.
Melisa: My mom convinced me to change careers.  

Express and ask about past intentions and plans that changed with was / were going to + a base form.

👉I was going to get married (but I didn't).

👏Was she going to take the course?

You can also use would (the past of will) + a base form to express plans and intentions that changed, but only in a noun clause following verbs such as thought, believed, or said.

👉She thought she would be a doctor (but she changed her mind).
👉We always believed they would get married (but they never did) 
👉They said they would pay for their daughter's studies (but they didn't).

Note: You can also use was / were going to in a noun clause after thought believed or sai

Comentarios